Through surfing the net, posting on other blogs and scanning Twitter, I will post each Friday the valuable lessons I’ve learned about writing, marketing, teaching and living : )
- Just linked to this great post by Thursday Bram, who will be blogging daily this month on how to market yourself. Be sure to bookmark this and come back daily through July. Great tips on building your niche.
- Yesterday I pounded the pavement in downtown Downers Grove getting to know the community shop owners and passing out flyers on my Young Writers Summer Studio: I met some helpful book sellers at Anderson’s BookShop, the manager at My Favorite Toy Store and an eclectic artist at Poe*m Art House (get out there and get to know your neighbors! Support local vendors and they will reciprocate!)
- Found on Twitter: an article that gives the pro’s and con’s on on-line organizing app’s, especially for organizing your to-do lists. (You know I’m a big “list girl!”) cheat: google’s gmail won! I’ll be checking this app out this weekend; let me know your fav’s!
- Teaching Authors has been posting a series on how to organize your time and increase productivity. Two suggestions I’m going to start using: set timer for tasks like emails, blogging, research and WRITING! AND, track my actual time spent on these activities. Get more tips here and be sure to add your own in our “comments”
- Earlier this week, I posted about hitting the “refresh” button on your writing career. I urged everyone to take a day or two to just “play” and refresh their well of creativity. I found that my kids are a huge source of fun and inspiration for my writing; my husband helps me to focus on my true writing and teaching goals and to by-pass the busy work and fluff; and being outdoors fills me with hope and peace.
- I also stumbled upon this amazing blog: The Happiness Project. I’ve added this to my favorites and have been reading archives here daily. Author Gretchen Rubin has her own set of Ten Commandments and urges others to create their list of 10, as well. Dont’ we all need a little more happiness in our lives?
Thanks for stopping by Writers Inspired. Please share what you learned this week in writing, marketing, teaching and life!