Not as in a fix for a good read, though I do have some recommendations on fantastic YA novels I’ve recently finished. (More on this later.)
But a fix for your own fiction work. Check out Jordan E Rosenfeld’s next online class:
An 8-week course for a mere $250.
Fiction’s Magic Ingredient
October 18-December 6, 2010
$209 before October 8. $249 after.
This class is back by popular demand and now, parts one and two have been merged into one comprehensive 8 week class! Take your writing to the next level by deepening your understanding and practice of the magic ingredient that transforms all good writing: the scene.
In this class you’ll learn:
- The fundamentals of strong scenes
- How to start your story strong
- How to make every scene plot-worthy
- Powerful dynamics for building bold characters in every scene
- How to use powerful images to evoke emotional/metaphoric content
- Uses and Perils of exposition (when to “tell”)
- Tightening Tension
- End with a punch
…and much more!
I just completed Jordan’s 6-week course: REVISE FOR PUBLICATION and came away with solid tools for revising and developing my completed novel’s rough draft. It’s still hard work, but at least now I know I’m on the right track.
Have a class to recommend? Let us know about it!