Are you as behind as I am in your NaNo word count?
Try one of these techniques to add more words to that fledgling novel:
- add a dream or nightmare sequence
- your protagonist finds an unmailed letter in a library book
- your character lets a phone call go to voicemail and the result is tragic
- add a childhood flashback
- listening to a song brings back a hurtful memory: use songs lyrics here, too!
- truth about a minor character is unveiled, shifts tone of a relationship
- spring cleaning in any season: character rummages through a car glove box, items under a bed, a junk drawer in the kitchen, an hierloom chest or an inherited house
What are your ideas for adding more meat to your novel?