“…you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul.”
Rabbi Harold Kushner, Author of When Bad Things Happen To Good People
Does your soul need nourishing? Try this: write down 10 things you are grateful for, right now. Reach deep, tap into that raw emotion that when brought to the surface makes your aura glow! It could be simple things, that go unnoticed if you don’t validate them. Then, of course, because we are writers, jot a few words next to each on how you can spin it into a story, article or essay!
I’m grateful for:
- Sammy’s sweet smile and attachment to me (mother-son relationships)
- David playing guitar on Rockband and struggling to complete the song “Battery” by Metallica – on Medium setting. (building confidence in middle schoolers)
- Silly inside jokes between my husband and me (marrying your BFF)
- Strong support group of writing friends (finding courage thru community)
- I have so many wishes and things to aspire to (goals/visualization)
- The sun is shining! (sunshine and the effects on my mood)
- My sister works at a bookstore! (bargain buddies)
- I have a day job. (make the most of 9-5)
- I’m attending a 2-day writer’s conference – AWP (benefits of writing conferences)
- My cuddly cockatiel, Comet (benefits of pets)
Now, what are you grateful for? And, more importantly, how can you validate your feelings by writing about it?