November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and I’m gearing up to join the crazies who will write 50,000 words in 30days!
First timer here. Anyone out there a veteran?
To get ready:
- I signed up on their site
- I also signed up as a teacher on the Young Writers Program of NaNo
- I interviewed Tavia Stewart, Young Writers Program Director, for tips on how to keep the kids (read: me!) motivated through the month (article to appear on-line soon!)
- I asked a municipal liaison (AKA local NaNo volunteer) to give a pep talk to my group on Nov 1
- I posted on a few forums on their sites
- I have two books on hold at the library: No Plot? No Problem? by Chris Baty and Book in a Month: the fool-proof system for writing a book in 30 days by Victoria Lynn Schmidt.
- Reading all I can on prepping for and surviving NaNo. Check out this great article by Victoria Lynn Schmidt on Wow! Women on Writing Blog. And go here to download a FREE handbook: 30 Tips for 30 Days, by Devon Ellington.
I’ll post more as I come across them, but be forewarned: November will be me writing like crazy (and hopefully posting my experience here daily!)
Any more tips? Post here!