I have a confession: I am the world’s BIGGEST procrastinator.
Is it because I’m an ACOA (Adult Child of an Alcoholic)?
Is it because I’m a Scorpio?
Is it because I’m a writer??
Like the quote above states, procrastinating, waiting, “hemming and hawing” as my mom says, will not make the “Thing” go away. Whatever that “thing” may be.
Are there support groups for procrastination? Who the hell would organize it? A procrastinator might post a meeting notice but never get around to booking the meeting room, selecting a date, time or guests! I actually have a book on fighting procrastination. Yeah, it’s bookedmarked on page 5 with the book’s receipt- dated 7 years ago!
So, (deep breath) here’s a list of things I’ve been procrastinating on lately:
- Finishing my short story for the WOW contest Whoops! Deadline passed.
- Sending out 4 different articles to my top selected markets
- Sorting my accordian file of new markets & contests, noting lead time needed for certain themes
- Downloading photos from July’s vacation
- Buying a portable tape recorder & label maker
- Finishing my novel!!!
Well, there’s more, of course. But you get the idea.
What are you waiting on? Post your list of procrastinations here and maybe it will keep us both accountable! ; )